Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beginner's Review Pt14: HK Tubemeister 18 (Combo)

H&K Tubemeister 18 Head
My guitar buddy Ieqbal told me about this amp, I have seen the review on youtube, looks cool to me especially the blue LED at the knobs and inside the amp. I was told that this amp is not available in Malaysia, however to my surprise Bentley has a combo unit of this amp. I tested the amp with a Blackie, Jim Root Strat and 2 Jackson's with EMGs. The clean was good, the gain is suitable for modern rock, for metalheads maybe need to add a hi gain distortion pedal. It also comes with a built in DI, would be very useful for those who wants to do recording. Cosmetic wise this is the most cutest amp head and  it will look nice in my bedroom. However, it is too pricey for me.


The combo version of the same amp.

No comments:

Post a Comment